Gulhane Park is a lush green oasis located in the heart of Istanbul. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful parks in Istanbul, and a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. The park was originally part of the Topkapi Palace complex and was opened to the public in the mid-19th century.
Whether you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, enjoy a leisurely stroll, or simply take in the beautiful sights and sounds of nature, Gulhane Park has something for everyone.
Fast Facts about Gulhane Park
- Gulhane Park is one of the oldest and largest public parks in Istanbul, covering an area of approximately 16 hectares.
- The park is located next to the Topkapi Palace Museum, which was once the main residence of the Ottoman Sultans.
- The park is home to many different species of plants, including tulips, daisies, and rose bushes.
- It also features several historic fountains and a small lake where visitors can rent paddle boats.
- The park has a rich history and was once the site of important events such as the proclamation of the Republic of Turkey by Ataturk in 1923.
- Today, it is a popular destination for both locals and tourists who come to relax, have a picnic, or take a leisurely stroll through the lush greenery.
- In addition to its natural beauty, Gulhane Park also offers stunning views of the Bosphorus and the iconic Istanbul skyline.
What to Expect?
Gulhane Park covers an area of approximately 16 hectares and is home to a variety of trees, plants, and flowers. Visitors can stroll through the park’s winding paths and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere, while taking in the beautiful sights and sounds of nature.
Insider Advice: Kickstart your Istanbul adventure with the Istanbul E-Pass or Istanbul Tourist Pass. These passes provide free access to around 70+ top attractions, tours and essential local services in the city with around 70% savings.
The park also boasts several historical landmarks, including the Museum of the History of Science and Technology in Islam, which is located in the former Imperial Mint building.
One of the highlights of Gulhane Park is its stunning rose garden, which is home to over 20,000 roses of various colors and sizes. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the garden, enjoying the beautiful scent of the roses and taking in the breathtaking views of the Bosphorus.
In addition to the beautiful flora, Gulhane Park also offers a range of activities and amenities for visitors.
There are several playgrounds and picnic areas throughout the park, as well as cafes and restaurants where visitors can relax and enjoy a meal or a cup of Turkish tea.
The park is located in the Eminonu neighborhood of Istanbul, adjacent to the Topkapi Palace.
The park is open daily from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
There is no admission fee to enter the park.
The park is easily accessible via public transportation. The closest tram stop is Gulhane.