Here we explore everything that you need to know about Gastric Botox in Turkey, including what Gastric Botox is, how it is performed, considerations before and after surgery, average cost, best surgeons and clinics for a Gastric Botox in Turkey (Istanbul, Antalya, Izmir, Ankara) and why Turkey is such a popular destination for obesity and weight loss treatment.
What is Gastric Botox?
Gastric Botox is a non-surgical procedure to help lose weight. It is also called stomach Botox. This is an endoscopic treatment that will speed up weight reduction. Your doctor will inject the muscle of the stomach, with botulinum toxin in 20 places, so there will be no contraction
How Gastric Botox is performed?
Your gastric botox procedure can be completed in about 30 minutes or less. You will be first given anesthesia and put to sleep.
The botulism toxin is injected into certain parts of your tummy by an endoscopic method.
It has minimal complications and is a painless procedure.
How does gastric botox work?
When Botox affects the muscle contraction in the stomach, it slows down the digestive process and stomach motility, which prolongs the feeling of hunger and increases the feeling of being full and loss of appetite.
It helps to slow down the passage of food through the stomach
Can I lose weight with gastric Botox?
The gastric Botox injection is a new and improved way that helps obese people lose weight. After trying every method like diet and exercise and have been unsuccessful with weight loss, gastric botox is the next option that works.
Candidates for Gastric Botox
- If you have tried to lose weight through diets and sports, but it has been unsuccessful.
- If you have a body mass index of less than 40. This procedure is ideal for a BMI of 27 to 37. It is not advisable for people with a BMI of over 40 because the desired outcome will not be achieved.
- If you are between 16 and 65 years and are healthy.
Gastric Botox is not suitable for you if you
- Pregnant or you are breastfeeding
- If you are morbidly obese
- If you have any history of chronic or autoimmune disease
- If you are allergic to botulism
- Have an eating disorder and if you have an ulcer.
Benefits of Gastric Botox
- A gastric botox is beneficial to people that cannot lose weight by themselves and those who do not meet the criteria for obesity surgery.
- There are no permanent changes to the digestive system or stomach because it is an endoscopic procedure.
- There is no risk of postoperative complications.
- It does not require a long hospital stay after the procedure.
Does gastric Botox have any side effects?
A gastric Botox is a standard endoscopic procedure and there have been no reports of any side effects. But this procedure will not be suitable for you if you have any muscle disease, or you are allergic to Botulism.
What to expect with gastric Botox procedure?
Before the procedure
- Your doctor will counsel you on some habits you will need to stop, especially if you smoke or drink alcohol, if your surgery is in a week.
- You will need to stop taking fluids or drinking water 6 hours before surgery
- You should stop eating 8 hours before your surgery
During the procedure
- Before your procedure starts, your doctor might use an oral spray to reduce any chance of you having discomfort.
- This procedure will take you about 20 minutes or 25 minutes to complete.
- The endoscopy will be put from your mouth into your stomach.
After the surgery
- After your surgery, you can continue with your daily activities after 2 hours, you do not need an overnight hospital stay.
- You will need to strictly follow the diet that your dietician gives you.
- You will still need to stay away from alcohol for at least 2 days after your procedure.
- Your doctor will also inject you with Botox, this blocks the stomach’s central nerve, this is what is responsible for you getting hungry.
- it will help you feel full faster and stay satisfied for longer periods.
How long does the gastric botox effect last for
- The effects of the gastric Botox procedure will start showing from the 3rd to 5th day, but it will be evident from the first week.
- The Botox injections can normally last up to 6 months but from the 3rd month, you will see visible changes in your body.
- You should be able to notice about 8 kg to 15 kg if you are sticking to your diets and check-up.
- After about 6 months you will be evaluated by your doctor, to determine if you will continue the injections for about 18 months or if you are good to go.
The recovery process
Gastric botox is a non-surgical procedure, which means it does not need surgery, it is an endoscopic procedure and there is no incision.
The procedure takes an estimated average of 20 minutes. You will be given anesthesia to help you sleep, during the procedure, and after the procedure, your doctors would need to observe you for 2 hours and you would be free to go home.
Gastric Botox in Turkey
If you decide to have your Gastric Botox in Turkey, you’ll find out it’s a great idea. Turkey is one of the best places to have any surgery done, and it is cost-effective and affordable for everyone.
Why is Turkey a Popular Destination for Gastric Botox?
Turkey is an exceptionally popular destination for medical tourism for a variety of reasons! First, the country has a long history of medical excellence. In fact, many of the world’s most renowned cosmetic medical schools are located in Turkey. This means that there are plenty of experienced medical professionals to provide high-quality care. Gastric Botox is one of the trending and popular selections for medical tourists coming to Turkey for obesity and weight loss treatments.
Second, Turkey is a relatively affordable destination for medical tourism. The costs of medical procedures and treatments are often much lower than in other countries, such as the EU or US. This makes it an attractive option for people who want to receive quality care without spending a fortune.
Finally, Turkey is a beautiful country with plenty to explore and discover. After receiving treatment, many medical tourists take advantage of the opportunity to explore all that the country has to offer. From its stunning coastline to its vibrant cities, Turkey is an unforgettable destination!
Istanbul can be considered as the best city to have a rhinoplasty in Turkey. And then comes the other cities such as Ankara, Antalya, and Izmir.
How much does it cost a Gastric Botox in Turkey?
Average cost of a Gastric Botox in Turkey is usually between $1500 and $3000. The exact cost will depend on the surgeon you choose and the body structure you have.
Best VIP Clinics & Surgeons in Turkey for a Gastric Botox
Are you looking for a good surgeon or clinic in Turkey for your obesity and weight loss treatment needs such as gastric sleeve, gastric balloon or gastric botox? If you want to experience and enjoy great results, you’ll need to book your treatment at an advanced clinic and surgeon. Here are our top picks for top and VIP clinics and plastic surgeons for a Gastric Botox in Turkey: